Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome

First things first, I'm not a tattoo artist, tattoo professional, or artist in any way. I just love tattoos. I want to document some of the great art I find in the great world wide web for my own pleasure but hope you will find inspiration too.
I feel a tattoo should be well thought out, meaningful and must bring you pleasure. You do get to see it every day of your life after all!


This is my second tattoo, finally achieved after 2 years of searching for just the right thing to celebrate my greatest achievement, my sons. With the help of Ryan at Ink Studio in Palmerston North, New Zealand we finally arrived at this design. There is room in the design to add grandchildren when or if they happen and the placement means I get to see it all the time. 

My first tattoo is a good example of how not to get a tattoo! It was a boozy weekend away with girlfriends, and the tattoo was chosen quickly, done in a shifty looking parlour and is where I can't see it without the use of mirrors. This is probably a good thing because I hate it! I'm currently working on a cover up design, but that is definitely a work in progress! The quality of the tattoo is not great either with large areas of colour fading away.
So join me on my journey through the world of wearable art and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment